What is the Dream Team?
The Sir Peter Blake Trust Dream Team is a group of inspirational Kiwi leaders who every year aim to inspire thousands of Kiwi kids to follow their dreams, by sharing their story at a school assembly during Leadership Week. They tell their stories, plant seeds of inspiration, and encourage young New Zealanders to have big dreams and back themselves to make them happen. The Dream Team happens during Leadership Week from 2-6 July 2018 and registrations are closed for 2018. View our Dream Team Leaders here.
If you missed out on applying, check out our digital sessions, where we filmed three inspiring New Zealanders sharing their story. This year's digital Dream Team Leaders are Eliza McCartney, Peter Beck and Nico Porteous.
To win, you have to believe you can do it. You have to be passionate about it. You have to really want the result, even if this means years of hard work. ”
The theme for Dream Team is #believeyoucan, which is taken directly from Sir Peter’s last voyage when he wrote, ‘To win, you have to believe you can do it’. We want to encourage all Kiwis to back themselves to achieve their dreams - just as Sir Peter Blake did. Applications for schools are now closed and the countdown to Leadership Week is on!
All it takes is one school assembly. The Dream Team Leader will do the rest.
- Complete the application form to apply to get one of our Dream Team leaders to your assembly!
- Start the conversation about leadership with your students. Learn about who Sir Peter Blake was and why he never gave up on achieving his dreams.
- Start discussing what leadership means to you — who are some of your students’ inspirational heroes.
- Think about what other events you could do at your school to celebrate Leadership Week - Young Leader Awards, Red Socks Day Fundraiser, Leadership Training Workshops - or contact us for some more ideas!
- Enjoy your Dream Team session, and check out the digital sessions available on our website.
The Dream Team is proudly supported by
“We are very proud of our history with the Trust and our association with the Dream Team programme. On my first day as Chief Executive Partner, I visited Westmere School | Te Rehu to talk firstly to all their students and then to their Year 5 and 6 students. They responded with fine speeches and a haka to bring the roof down! It was a privilege to spend time with such motivated and enthusiastic children.”
“The characteristics that the Trust seeks to inspire are those that any CEO would value in their leadership teams: determination, a willingness to learn; a desire for constant improvement; initiative; teamwork. Leaders can come from any walk of life. That’s why the work of the Trust is so important; inspiring many Kiwi children to follow their dreams. Leadership development is certainly essential to our business, and reflected in our core values. We need our people to be thought leaders; to dream big and believe in themselves.”
Nick Wells, Chapman Tripp Chief Executive Partner