Since 2007, the Sir Peter Blake Trust Leadership Week has been a time where New Zealand celebrates great leadership.
Thank you to everyone who supported this year's Leadership Wee from 3 – 7 July 2017. As a business, organisation, or community you can take part in our annual Leadership Week, including Leadership Awards, regional events, or create your own unique event to celebrate leadership. Maybe have guest speakers, leadership awards, or a business breakfast—think big.
The theme for Leadership Week is #believeyoucan. In Sir Peter Blake’s final log aboard Seamaster he said, “to win, you have to believe you can do it.” We want to encourage all Kiwis to back themselves to achieve your dreams, don’t let failures stand in the way of achieving success, and instead, learn from mistakes and use them to adapt and strengthen your plan towards achieving your goals, just as Sir Peter Blake did.
To keep updated with our programmes and upcoming events email firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe to our newsletter.
Our Leadership Week Events
Once again Leadership Week was a huge success in 2017 with the theme #believeyoucan:
- Dream Team – 300 Leaders, 385 Schools. Inspiring leaders encourage classrooms of students to Dream Big!
- Red Socks Day – 20 years and tens of thousands of pairs of red socks were worn on Friday 7 July 2017.
- Blake Leadership Awards – Seven prestigious awards for New Zealanders achieving extraordinary things.
- Young Leader Awards – 442 inspiring young leaders from primary and intermediate schools received this Award in 2017
The world’s your oyster when it comes to dreams and Leadership Week events. Think big, #believeyoucan, and celebrate leadership where you are.
Here are some examples of what some organisations or schools do to celebrate:
- Use Sir Peter Blake as an example of a great New Zealand leader by sharing his story, and those of other great New Zealanders
- Purchase some red socks as a symbol of Kiwi spirit, and celebrate Red Socks Day on Friday 7 July 2017.
- Hold a leadership-themed meeting or assembly during the week (schools could perhaps use student leaders or prefects to run this), which could focus on leadership qualities like courage and self-belief
- Schools or businesses could hold a 'Mufti' Day with a ‘Red’ theme as a fundraiser for the Sir Peter Blake Trust
- Run a leadership event each morning, or a leadership conference during the week with local guest speakers telling their stories of leadership and success
- Use our Leadership videos to inspire your team or students:
Sir Peter Blake interview on Leadership
Story of the Famous Red Socks
- Use our 'Inspire NZ’ magazine monthly articles profiling great leaders as a stimulus for discussion
- Download our Leadership poster for a classroom discussion
We can support you with:
- Finding speakers
- Using the Sir Peter Blake Trust name/branding
- Red socks as a giveaway or a symbol to discuss leadership
- Leadership resources
For more information about Leadership Week 2017 please email email@example.com or phone 09 307 8875.