Inspiring Young Leaders
Sir Peter Blake is widely recognised as one of New Zealand's greatest leaders. He believed in the incredible potential of young kiwis to achieve great things and the Young Leader Award celebrates students who demonstrate outstanding leadership.
If you have a student in Year 5 - 8 who has some, of all of the leadership qualities and characteristics listed below, we want to hear about them!
- Determination and the will to succeed
- Be a good team builder, leader and member
- Be hard working and know how to have fun
1. To nominate a student CLICK HERE and register
2. Enter your contact details, followed by your student nomination
3. A local Westpac representative will contact you in early June to organise a presentation time
4. The award will be presented to your student over Leadership Week (26 June - 6 July)
2017 saw 450 primary and intermediate schools participate. Some of the schools included:
Aberdeen School, ACG Sunderland, Amuri Area School, Banks Avenue School, Bayswater School, Blaketown School, Bluff School, Carterton School, East Gore School, Fairfield School, Fairlie School, Foxton School, Glendene School, Glenfield Intermediate, Greytown School, Hawea Flat School, Henderson Intermediate, Hilltop School, Iona College, Kaikohe West School, Kamo Intermediate, Linwood North School, Masterton Intermediate, Ohakune School, Pompallier Catholic School, Queen Margaret College, Remarkables Primary School, Saint Kentigern Girl's School, St Joseph's School, Windy Ridge School.
This is a free programme proudly sponsored by Westpac, where each nominated student receives a prize pack including medal, certificate, book, red socks and a pin.
"Natalia is a responsible and reliable person who leads others through her actions and good deeds." St Anne's School, Wellington